IME is seeking a self-motivated and teamwork driven BIM/VDC Field Technology Lead on projects with a
variety of size and complexity. The Field Technology Lead will assume a lead role in a team-based work
environment and give direction to BIM / VDC Team members and Field Support Staff. The Field
Technology Lead will partner with the BIM/VDC Design Team and Field Team to facilitate the use of
technology to ensure accuracy between the BIM model and the built environment. The use of field
technologies will include, but not limited to; Robotic Total Stations (RTS/RPT), Mixed Reality (MR)
solutions, infrared/lidar scanners, Ground Penetrating Radars (GPR) and 360° Cameras. While not in the
field, the BIM/VDC Field Technology Lead will; assist with BIM model generation/coordination using
Revit and Navisworks, manage field technology equipment and facilitate training on said equipment.
· Be a team leader
o Strive to solve problems, by seeking out answers.
o Understand all aspects of a project and be the “go to source” for all things related to the
Layout and field technologies.
o Ensure accuracy between the BIM model and the built environment
· Have a working knowledge of electrical equipment, raceways, fixtures and devices in a typical
· Understand and follow company standards, while also contributing to the improvement of said
· Have the ability learn new programs and adapt to changes in existing programs.
Duties and Responsibilities (Approximate Time Estimates):
Field Point Layout
· Layout survey point locations in the field using Robotic Total Stations.
· Provide direction to field support staff to ensure accurate layout of said points
· Work with GC/trade partners to ensure building control is established and maintained
BIM/VDC Modeling and Coordination
· Add electrical content to BIM models
· Attend coordination meetings and operate as an active member of the IME BIM team.
· Communicate with other trades to fix clashes identified in coordination meetings.
Operate Misc. Field Technologies
· Utilization of additional field technologies on the construction job-sites (Mixed Reality (MR)
solutions, infrared/lidar scanners, Ground Penetrating Radars (GPR) and 360° Cameras)
Revit Point Layout
· Utilize Revit addon software to layout survey point locations and understand the needed
· Provide round-tripping of layout data into the Revit model.
Manage Equipment and Training
· Manage surveying equipment research and purchasing.
· Schedule and manage equipment maintenance and service requirements.
· Train fellow team members on the use of field technologies
Scheduling and Task Tracking
· Schedule and delegate task(s) to BIM / VDC Surveyor(s).
· Monitor and preform to meet the Layout and Construction schedule set out by the Field Team
· Provide layout summaries of completed surveying tasks for job reporting and data compilation
· Understand and execute surveying tasks on a construction site.
· Strong Total Stations Skills in the following areas: Construction Layout, Underground Layout and
Working with existing construction control points.
· College Degree – Any level of college if it relates to any of the following: Electrical, Mechanical,
Plumbing, Construction or Surveying.
· Work Experience – Has experience in any of the following: Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing,
Construction or Surveying.
Additional Skill Sets:
· Field experience with the following: 3D Scanning or Microsoft Hololens.
· Basic experience in the following programs: Revit, Navisworks, Bluebeam, Trimble Field Points,
AutoCAD and Office 365 Products.
The majority of your time will work on construction job sites, the remainder of the time you will be a
typical office environment. Travel to and from job-sites to be within company provided vehicle. When
on construction job sites, you will encounter typical construction conditions including extreme
temperatures, noise, dust, mud debris, welding, leading edge, trenching and shoring, sometimes in a
confined space. You may be required to visit multiple locations during any one day.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Intermountain Electric, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IME complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.